Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester
Salary: £16,000.00 to £18,500.00 /year
The Nursery Practitioner will provide a high quality of care for children aged between 6 weeks -5yrs ensuring that their early learning and development will enhance and promote the child’s progress
Do you have a robust knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, Safeguarding/ Child Protection? We are looking for an individual who can work effectively within a team and has a good understanding of how children learn and develop?
To plan and prepare a varied programme of activities to support and stimulate children’s holistic development. To plan, prepare and provide a range of appropriate equipment for each session and ensuring that it is cleared away and safely stored afterwards
This fabulous role offers the opportunity to progress within a well established growing Nursery group.
- Develop and maintain a safe but challenging learning environment for 0 -5-year-olds
- Recognise current and next steps in learning and make these visible in records, displays and journals.
- Liaise effectively with parents and family members to promote the development of the child.
- Provide the highest possible standard of care and stimulation
- Work with children to develop their skills in all areas of learning from the EYFS
- Liaise with other services for the benefit of the child
- Liaise with families to promote development
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all junior/apprenticeship members and engage in a good team spirit
- To be involved in, out of working hours activities eg: training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events
- Look upon the setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children and other team members.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. be prepared to help where needed.
We would like to speak with all Candidate possessing all or one of the below:
- Previous Nursery Nurse experience
- Nursery understanding
- A proven track record
- Previous childcare experience
- Ability to work within a team
- Has completed either, CACH, EYFS, NVQ, BTEC, NNEB, childcare qualification
Key areas for the Nursery Nurse:
- to energise and enthuse children
- Maintain a clean and tidy child-friendly environment
- Teaching general life skills
- Work with health and social care professionals
- Liaise with parents/carers
- Pension Scheme (auto enrol if eligible)
- Holiday Entitlement – 21 days plus Bank Holidays
- Further Training Offered
- Brilliant staff-child discounts
- Bonus Structure