Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester
Salary: £7.50 to £8.50 /hour
A fantastic opportunity for a Playworker Level 2 or above-qualified practitioner for an outstanding out of school plus holiday club located near Manchester Airport.
Hours of work:
Breakfast 7:45 – 9am Monday-Friday
Afterschool 3pm – 6pm Monday – Friday
Progression and extra training opportunities to all.
Main duties include:
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment.
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment.
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met.
- Administering first aid when necessary.
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities.
- Helping with club administration, where necessary.
- Encouraging parental involvement in the club.
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools.
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training.
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure.
- Working within the framework of the club’s policies and procedures.
· Playworker or Level 2 Qualified or above
· Experience of working with 4 to 11-year-olds
· Understanding the varied needs of children and their families
· Understanding the issues involved in the delivery of quality play care
· Understanding the issues of equal opportunities
· Provide and facilitate safe and creative play
· Good communication skills
· Able to work as part of a team
· Sound judgement and common sense
· Sufficient understanding and use of English to ensure the well-being of the children*
· Experience of working within a play-based setting
· Experience of administration
· Competent in using IT to support play and club administration
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Relevant qualification or willingness to work towards this
· Appropriate Safeguarding training
· Current Paediatric First Aid Certificate
· Food Hygiene Certificate