Manchester, Greater Manchester
Salary: £18,500.00 to £21,500.00 /year
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Qualified Nursery Practitioner to work in a well respected nursery within Greater Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established nursery.
This is a permanent position, full time-40 hours per week.
The Nursery likes to work closely with parents/carers and has developed a good rapport with the local primary school enabling students to work towards a smooth transition to school. The care of the children is paramount therefore they provide a caring, fun and stimulating environment developing all round skills following the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework (EYFS).
For this role you be required to provide a level 3 or above qualification in childcare, offering at least 1 years experience in this role and extremely passionate about the early years.
This is a full-time permanent position, an option of 4 long days or 5 days per week with varying shift patterns dependent on the need of the nursery which is open between 7.30am – 6pm.
This fabulous role offers the opportunity to progress within a well-established growing Nursery group.
- Develop and maintain a safe but challenging learning environment for 0 -5-year-old’s
- Recognise current and next steps in learning and make these visible in records, displays and journals.
- Liaise effectively with parents and family members to promote the development of the child.
- Provide the highest possible standard of care and stimulation
- Work with children to develop their skills in all areas of learning from the EYFS
- Liaise with other services for the benefit of the child
- Liaise with families to promote development
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all junior/apprenticeship members and engage in a good team spirit
- To be involved in, out of working hours activities eg: training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events
- Look upon the setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children and other team members.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. be prepared to help where needed.
We would like to speak with all Candidate possessing all or one of the below:
- Previous Nursery Nurse experience
- Nursery understanding
- A proven track record
- Previous childcare experience
- Ability to work within a team
- Has completed either, CACH, EYFS, NVQ, BTEC, NNEB, childcare qualification
Key areas for the Nursery Nurse:
- to energise and enthuse children
- Maintain a clean and tidy child-friendly environment
- Teaching general life skills
- Work with health and social care professionals
- Liaise with parents/carer