Salary: £7.90 to £9.10 /hour
The Durrant Consultancy Group, are delighted to be working with a fabulous South Manchester Nursery, seeking a driven, knowledgeable Early Years Practitioner/Nursery Practitioner for their ‘Outstanding’ Nursery School. A charming renovated building, boasting green fields within close proximity. Offering purpose built play areas for the children to explore and engage with friends and staff members.
This fabulous role offers the opportunity to progress within a well established growing Nursery group. If career progression is a prerequisite our client can certainly deliver.
- Develop and maintain a safe but challenging learning environment for 0 -5-year-olds
- Recognise current and next steps in learning and make these visible in records, displays and journals.
- Liaise effectively with parents and family members to promote the development of the child.
- Provide the highest possible standard of care and stimulation
- Work with children to develop their skills in all areas of learning from the EYFS
- Liaise with other services for the benefit of the child
- Liaise with families to promote the development
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all junior/apprenticeship members and engage in a good team spirit
- To be involved in, out of working hours activities eg: training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events
- Look upon the setting as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children and other team members.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting. be prepared to help where needed.
We would like to speak with all Candidate possessing all or one of the below:
- Previous Nursery Nurse experience
- Nursery understanding
- A proven track record
- Previous childcare experience
- Ability to work within a team
- Has completed either, CACH, EYFS, NVQ, BTEC, NNEB, childcare qualification
Key areas for the Nursery Nurse:
- to energise and enthuse children
- Maintain a clean and tidy child-friendly environment
- Teaching general life skills
- Work with health and social care professionals
- Liaise with parents/carers