Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester
Salary: £18,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year
A fabulous South Manchester Nursery, seeking a driven, knowledgeable Nursery Room Leader for their beautiful Nursery School. Set within the green suburban lanes of South Manchester this Outstanding Nursery School is a real pleasure to work within.
The Nursery boasts a very large rear garden, divided into three play areas for the children, featuring a bouncy artificial grass area for safer climbing and a covered play space allowing all-weather outdoor play and fresh air.
Are you a driven, knowledgeable Nursery Nurse/Nursery Practitioner/ Early Years Practitioner/ Nursery Assistant looking for your next step. We want to speak to you.
This fabulous role offers the opportunity to progress within a well established growing Nursery group. Offering excellent Salary, holidays, room to progress and extra Monthly/Annual bonuses.
- Demonstrate leadership and authority
- Manage efficiently and to the best of your ability
- Be a positive and motivating role model
- Build positive relationships with your colleagues and be supportive of them
- Carry out weekly staff meetings
- Supporting the team within the room
- Managing the daily running of the room to ensure breaks and activities are organised with ratios covered
- To attend meetings with management each week
- To liaise with parents and other professionals appropriately showing confidence and professionalism
- To create a happy and stimulating environment
- To report back to management with any problems or concerns you may have
- To ensure your team are doing all they should and fulfilling every aspect of their job role
Tasks will include:
- To use the specific training/knowledge of working with babies and children to support all children’s individual needs
- Formulate and operate a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members and the Management Team
- To ensure excellent standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times and be responsible for the health and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journey and share it with parents
- Ensure all record keeping is accurate and up-to-date within your designated area, including learning journeys of all children in your room, sleep charts, accident forms, daily record sheets and any other forms/records required for the child’s welfare, learning and development
- Liaising with parents and family members
- Ensuring room and outdoor checks are completed to standard
- Ensure all children get daily outside time
- Undertake supervisions for the team and feed into appraisals, nursery operations, and target settings
- Taking part in management meetings, open days and outings